Contractor Insight Spurs Co-Development of ProSTUD® Drywall Framing System
ProSTUD Drywall Framing System (ProSTUD® and ProTRAK®) is the innovative steel drywall stud that sets a new industry benchmark for high performance. Its patent pending design combines high-strength steel with additional stiffening enhancements for a drywall framing stud previously unimagined.
When we set out to develop this revolutionary drywall framing system, we wanted it to be the best. The most innovative. So, we called in the pros – the guys that work with the product day in and day out. ProSTUD Drywall Framing was developed, tested and approved in the field. The result? Drywall framing performance designed by the pros for the pro.
What’s more, ProSTUD Drywall Framing is backed by comprehensive laboratory testing for strength, fire and sound. No other drywall framing system has been as thoroughly tested as ProSTUD. So not only is it a dream to work with, but it also has the performance to meet the requirements of today’s building codes. ProSTUD is available nationwide.
ProSTUD® & PROTRAK® Code Approvals and Performance Standards
ProSTUD Drywall Framing System meets or exceeds these applicable performance standards:
Above Intertek reports are limited to the manufactures listed in the report.
ASTM American Society for Testing and Materials
- A653 "Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process"
- A1003 "Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members"
- C645 "Standard Specification for Nonstructural Steel Framing Members"
- C754 "Standard Specification for Installation of Steel Framing Members to Receive Screw-Attached Gypsum Panel Products"
- C1002 "Standard Specification for Steel Self Piercing Tapping Screw for the Application of Gypsum Panel Products or Metal Plaster Bases to Wood Studs or Steel Studs"
- E119 "Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials"
- E72 "Standard Test Methods of Conducting Strength Tests of Panels for Building Construction"
- E90 "Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements"
- AISI S100-12 North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members
- AISI S220-15 North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing—Nonstructural Members
UL® Underwriters laboratories testing standard
- UL 263 "Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials"
Multiple UL® design listings for ProSTUD
- Over 50 UL Designs. See UL file number R26034 for additional information.
- Fire designs include U419, V450, V438, and others.
**UL® and UL® Design are service marks of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.